Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Canon Lectures

Michael Kruger recently spoke on the canon of the NT for the Kistemaker Lectures. I've not heard them yet, but knowing how thoughtful and thorough Dr. Kruger is with this subject, I would imagine they will be extremely helpful in shoring up our thinking about the integrity of the NT. His contribution to the book, The Heresy of Orthodoxy, was a look at the development of the NT canon and I thought it was outstanding.

I think these lectures will be especially helpful if you have a know-it-all atheist cousin or uncle you'll see only at Thanksgiving or Christmas who makes it a point to tell you how dumb you are for believing the Bible. When he starts quoting to you from his favorite atheist website, you can offer him a sound refutation.

Lectures are located HERE

Labels: , ,


Blogger Escovado said...

Hey Fred. I just finished listening to the 4 lectures. Good stuff there! I liked the last one on the canonical diversity argument the best. Thanks for posting this. I’ll have to get Kruger’s books. =)

10:45 PM, June 24, 2012  
Blogger Les said...


Listening to the beginning of these has really shown me how theologically prejudiced I am becoming... potentially I need a lot of help. I got into the second session and was completely derailed by his Covenant Reformed leanings... and I'm not sure why that is. I just know it put up a barrier between the speaker and me.

I am fascinated with this kind of stuff, but right now I can't get over my prejudice... any advice?


6:42 AM, July 02, 2012  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

I understand your consternation. All I can say is muscle your way past the gag reflex. Kruger has some good stuff on this subject and he's worth the investment of time hearing and reading.

9:21 AM, July 03, 2012  
Blogger Escovado said...

Ditto what Fred said. It is worth the time listening to all four lectures. I'm not of the Covenant Reformed school of thought, but this is excellent material regardless.

12:24 AM, July 05, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home