Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Homeward Bound

The family and I leave tomorrow for home.

Remember: Nana lives in Arkansas. We live in California.

The trip coming here was uneventful, except for a flat tire in Tucson, and in fact, quite enjoyable. Even though this may sound utterly unspiritual, I must give kudos to those portable DVD players you can tie to the back seats of your car.

Man. How the times have changed. I never had the luxury of watching the entire Star Wars saga when I went on my road trips as a kid with the family back in the 70s and 80s. I had to be content looking out my window until my mind went numb.

I hope to take the 40 across. It should shave off about 4 or 5 extra hours of drive time. We pray the weather holds across the continental divide. The last thing I want to happen is to become a national tragedy when we get lost in the wilderness taking a short cut.

Needless to say, once again, regular posting and comment approval will be non-existent until this weekend or shortly there after.



Blogger Steve Drake said...

Have a great time and be safe! When you come through Texas watch out for the Texas Smokey's and be sure to wave towards Austin (Steve) and Houston (Robert).

6:53 AM, December 13, 2011  
Blogger The Squirrel said...

Praying for your safe travels! Enjoy the trip!


7:00 AM, December 13, 2011  
Blogger Robert said...

Wow...that's a long haul. She must feel pretty special that you are driving so far. Drive safely!

8:59 AM, December 13, 2011  
Blogger DJP said...

Permission denied.


9:14 AM, December 13, 2011  
Blogger Peter said...

I pray you can get a bigger moped.

11:36 PM, December 13, 2011  
Blogger Sir Aaron said...

Also Aaron (Houston). If you need a place to stay along the way, let me know. I'd love to have you.

5:28 PM, December 15, 2011  
Blogger Mike Westfall said...

I hope you made it through that snow in New Mexico. I guess you probably did, because I haven't heard that I-40 was shut down this time...

Oh, and try not to hit a deer in Bald Knob, Arkansas like we did a couple weeks ago...

6:16 PM, December 15, 2011  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

We made it!. I thank the pioneers who took a month to do the trek at the risk of great peril.

Those who are facebook friends, I will be posting pictures soon.

6:52 AM, December 17, 2011  
Blogger fredsgirl said...

I must add that listening to audio books like Indian in the Cupboard & Alice in Wonderland along with studies on each State has also been a wonderful way to spend the time. Shhhh... but even Freddy looked forward to Indian in the Cupboard!! Anticipating home-sweet-home... though Christmas in Arkansas was quite sweet!

8:43 AM, December 27, 2011  
Blogger Peter said...

Fred, a tidbit: you and your family roughly followed the historical path of California's famous commanding general, Albert Sidney Johnston, and the Los Angeles Mounted Rifles over the fierce desert.

5:00 PM, December 27, 2011  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

Let's hope we don't get besieged by injuns.

4:50 AM, December 28, 2011  
Blogger Peter said...

I'm glad to see y'all made it back through such dangerous territory with all your scalps still on. And your boys do have such fine haircuts. The big red bow on the newest baby girl was priceless. They just wouldn't look the same scalpless.

5:59 PM, January 02, 2012  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home