<body>
Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Monday, February 07, 2011

Frazil Ice

I always tell new seminary families that while they are in California, they need to do two things: Visit Hearst's Castle and take a trip to Yosemite National Park. Both are about a four hour drive from LA. Of the two, if they can only do one, I tell them to visit Yosemite. Visiting that park is spectacular, especially the first time you lay eyes on the sheer granite cliff of El Capitan. I go into more detail on our visit HERE.

One of the more unique phenomenons of Yosemite park is the fazil ice flowing in the main creek. The waterfalls are cool enough to behold, but I would love to see the frazil ice flow.


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Wow...that's cool and scary. I could just imagine myself running into that and falling into the current. Is this ice still flowing around the time for Shepherd's Conference?

4:56 AM, February 08, 2011  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home