Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Friday, December 10, 2010


I have a busy week with no time really to write out anything substantive.

Thankfully, a co-worker sent me this video.

I know I am suppose to despise it because it was made by one of those big, seeker-friendly churches where the preacher sits on a stool while he gives his audience a spiritual pep talk using interactive video of kids in third world countries.

But honestly, I thought it was pretty cool.
Don't you wish your church was this awesome?

Regrettably, they didn't perform these numbers for the traditional, 7 AM service.

Labels: ,


Blogger Hayden said...

Fred, you have gone over to the dark side!!! Cool?

I think that the dumbing down of the preaching at this church has led to s disconnect in worship. I know that this was a 'special number' but honestly I think this will pop up more and more. The technical disconnect is happening all around us where people text and do not talk to each other. (There is actually a set of commercials out that comically looks at this truth)

I would say that this is one more step away from reality. I may be off my rocker but even in jest I think this is a dangerous path.

8:23 AM, December 10, 2010  
Blogger Raulemir said...

You know what would be REALLY cool, Mr. Fred? I have wild idea. Apple and AT&T deliver reliable phone service to iPhone. I trade techno music for one good phone.

Thank you, Mr. Fred. No kick me off comments, ok?

10:28 AM, December 11, 2010  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home