<body>
Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Monday, August 09, 2010

The MacArthur Study Bible.

One of the primary duties with my job at Grace to You is coordinating the mailings of our many free resources we offer through our ministry. For the month of September, we are getting prepared to mail out the new ESV edition of the MacArthur Study Bible. I anticipate maybe anywhere between 30,000 to 35,000 copies will be sent out from our ministry.

This is the third edition we have mailed of the MSB. The first one was the NKJV edition, which was the first MSB edition printed. I believe that was around 1997 or so. Then we mailed out the NASB edition in 2006. Each mailing was a daunting task to handle, but through the labor, we had a fun time working together and the satisfaction we put a great resource into the hands of our supporters and ultimately, the Christian Church.

I recall the first copy I saw of the original NKJV MSB. John just so happened to be at the ministry that day and I noted to him, "The margins aren't wide enough for me to write notes." To which John replied dryly, "Why would you want to add your own notes? I thought I was pretty thorough."

Here's a brief video explaining the history and background to the MacArthur Study Bible.




Here's a blessed example of the impact of John's study Bible.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger The Squirrel said...

Well, you will be getting my request!

I use my NASB MSB during sermon prep constantly.

Thank you and your crew for all your hard work!

Squirrel

9:37 AM, August 09, 2010  
Blogger DJP said...

"Why would you want to add your own notes? I thought I was pretty thorough."

Oh my gosh.

2:18 PM, August 09, 2010  
Blogger The Seeking Disciple said...

I am an Arminian and yet I enjoy the MSB though I don't always agree with brother John on all issues of course. I love the outlines for the book of Psalms, the faithfulness to inerrrancy and infallibility of the Bible, and that Dr. John holds to a literal 6-day creation.

1:33 PM, August 10, 2010  
Blogger Admin Matt said...

Our family has requested a few free materials in the past. A devotional book and the NASB Study Bible I believe are 2 of them. We never did see those materials. Is there a reason why we would never even get a letter stating why nothing was sent?

8:10 PM, August 12, 2010  
Blogger Cammie Novara said...

"For the month of September, we are getting prepared to mail out the new ESV edition of the MacArthur Study Bible." I can totally relate to that quote from my own experience. There's a really animated debate that I thought would be of interest on evolution vs. intelligent design going on at http://www.intelligentdesignfacts.com

11:11 AM, August 15, 2010  
Blogger Garrett League said...

Thanks for sending me an NASB MSB in 06! Had no idea that's what you did there.

5:59 PM, August 16, 2010  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

Matt,
I have no idea why you didn't get your stuff. If you filled out the little card, sent it back, and after the allocated time of 6-8 weeks, you haven't received anything, then by all means call the 800 number and talk to a customer service rep. We would have a record of your response.

I am sorry to hear that.

Fred

7:03 PM, August 16, 2010  
Blogger Sir Aaron said...

when can I get it on my Iphone?

7:33 PM, August 31, 2010  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home