Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Atheist Take Down

I got an alert in my inbox telling me of a new product from the much capable and fine gentleman at Triablogue. They have produced a free e-book worth the download onto the Kindle, Nook, or Ipad, or in my case, having to print it out the old fashioned way.

The Infidel Delusion

There in you will find a link to a 257 page PDF of relentless warfare against vicious spiritual Jihadists known as internet atheism.

Your hearts should be gladdened.

Labels: ,


Blogger DJP said...

Yeah, I'm sure it's a great defensive case, a devastating salvo. That's what van Tilians (I'm one) are great at.

Doug Wilson, taking down Hitchens: absolutely devastating, withering. Leaves him nothing.


But when it comes to making the case as to why people SHOULD repent and trust in Christ... not so much. Wilson to Hitchens was just pathetic (remember your baptism, and rainbows, and puppies and such).

That is why I did this, to supplement that lack.

And I've asked van Tilian after van Tilian to review it for me, critique it, help me make it better. NOT ONE has taken me up on it. One author, who arguable owed me, promised to do so. Been waiting for years.

6:33 AM, July 21, 2010  
Blogger DJP said...

IOW, unless their apologetic actually us "Trust Christ because nothing else makes sense" (which is true), van Tilians have some work to do. I tried. Someone else should do a better job of it.

6:36 AM, July 21, 2010  
Blogger Dusman said...


You are right-on. I remember after dashing atheist after atheist against their own philosophical walls one of them asked me, "And tell me again why I should become a Christian since you're such a *&@#?"

It stopped me in my tracks and I had to re-evaluate what I was doing. I was winning the fight but losing the battle because I cared not for the man's soul; but just about winning arguments. I repented.

Now when asked such things I say something like, "Because the gospel is true and if you fail to repent, you'll absorb God's wrath forever."

2:25 PM, July 21, 2010  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

Thanks for linking that article you wrote. Ultimately, the goal of any apologetic encounter is to bring the person to an understanding of his need for Christ. I think Christians of both camps tend to separate evangelism from the apologetic equation because the see apologetics as a separate discipline. That should not be.

Because I believe Van Tillians have the biblical approach to confronting sinners, I must always strive to direct my apologetic endeavors to press the sinner with the gospel.

3:27 PM, July 21, 2010  
Blogger DJP said...

To be clear: I'm not insinuating (nor suspecting) anything about the Triabloggers' attitudes.

My point is that van Tilians are TERRIFIC at answering the ( seldom asked) question, "Why should I not believe what I believe?"

Not so hot at answering the (often asked) question, "Why should I believe what you believe?"

Verification: scimence

4:45 PM, July 21, 2010  
Blogger Sir Aaron said...

I downloaded the PDF. I just have to figure out how to get it into my Kindle app (haven't tried, how hard can it be?).

5:00 PM, July 26, 2010  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

I would think this particular ebook would be a perfect read on something like a Kindle.

5:26 PM, July 26, 2010  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home