Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Street Preaching

I am not a big fan of street preaching as I delineated in a post from a number of years ago in a series on evangelistic methodology. The primary reason I have an aversion to street preaching evangelism is how hordes of crack pots, ruffians, and spiritual bullies have hijacked the practice and turned it into a freakish, side show atmosphere of crude signage and insulting remarks that only leads to mockery of my precious Lord.

However, a group of individuals are wanting to reclaim street preaching from the buffoonery it has become and return it to a biblical means of the public proclamation of the gospel. Here's a brief introductory video to their efforts:

I hope they do well. I have always been thankful of those men who attempt to street evangelize in a biblical fashion. I know I would like to see them put together a how-to presentation on the most effective means to convey the gospel.

Labels: ,


Blogger Penn Tomassetti said...

Street one-on-one encounters are amazing when you explain God's grace in Christ to someone with a spirit of gentleness and patience.

You can even start meeting the same people every week sometimes.

I feel the same way you do about the shouting type of thing, but would also love to see it practiced Biblically as well.

9:39 AM, April 07, 2010  
Blogger Blank Slate said...

Street Preaching (as in the thought of me street preaching) scares the carp out of me... but also shows just how shallow I might be as a Christian... God help me.


11:36 AM, April 07, 2010  
Blogger Dindo said...

I am a street preacher (or I prefer to be called an open-air evangelist)in the Philippines for 12 years (1979-1991)and I use the Open Air Campaigners method. God transplanted me to Houston, TX where I am at the present time. I do church planting I'm in my 3rd, by God's grace) but I still do open-air preaching here in the U.S. and it still brings souls to acknowledge Christ as Savior.

4:41 PM, April 09, 2010  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home