<body>
Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

O Canada!

My Canadian foil, Neil Shay, who's lovely wife Kim blogs much more frequently and pithily than he, sends me an important video explaining to us Americans the background to the deep American-Canadian friendship. I was surprised it goes way beyond syrup, Rush, and pictures of old ladies on their money.

Explaining Canada to Americans

Neil later emailed me and explained the importance of Canada's win over the U.S. in hockey:

Winning the hockey gold medal is a visceral necessity for us. It’s a mega-fail when we lose it. The stock market would have declined. Clinical depression would have spiked. So this is for the best.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger bugblaster said...

I'm not coming to the Shepherd's Conference.

In case you were wondering.

8:17 AM, March 02, 2010  
Blogger P.D. Nelson said...

You know I would have thought that would have been the case if they had lost the gold in curling too.

6:45 PM, March 02, 2010  
Blogger Impacted Wisdom Truth said...

That was beautiful. I remember when Canada got those six hostages out how wonderful it felt. Merci Canada, indeed.

7:55 PM, March 03, 2010  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home