Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Friday, November 06, 2009

Miss California, Again

Last May I had some harsh things to say about the then "Miss California" Carrie Prejean overnight skyrocketing to being a national spokesperson for family values and the ooggling she received from adoring traditional family evangelicals. To this day I am still mystified how a 21-year old beauty pagent winner (21-years old!!!) who would have otherwise been ignored by James Dobson, but was given two full days on "Focus on the Family" radio (and similar broadcast forums) just because her views on same-sex marriage was bad mouthed by a sleazy gay activist.

Now I wonder if there is any regret on behalf of these folks now that there has been a revelation of her being involved with a "sex" tape...

Carrie Prejean 'sex tape' spurred pagent settlement

I wonder if the scholarship offer from Liberty University still stands? Surely they have something in their student handbooks against making sex tapes.



Blogger DJP said...

Right there with you in the "glad not to have to be climbing off that bandwagon" party.

9:59 AM, November 06, 2009  
Blogger steve said...

Well, might have something to do with the fact that James Dobson is a...man. Had Carrie Prejean been plump, with freckles and thick glasses...

Or, if Focus on the Family was hosted by a Jane Dobson rather than a James Dobson...

11:57 AM, November 06, 2009  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

I have often wondered about that. All the places where she showed up was to do an interview with a guy.

12:29 PM, November 06, 2009  
Blogger donsands said...

I remember them comparing her to Esther on Dobson. Did that ever frustrate me.
She didn't want to be thought of that way, but James insisted.

Remember when Mel Gibson was the big thing for his film of Christ's passion. Next thing we know he's drunk driving, and blaming it on the Jews.


You think we would learn.

Have a great weekend. And have a peaceful Lord's day in His truth and mercy.

1:34 PM, November 06, 2009  
Blogger Escovado said...

Carrie Prejean spoke at a local mega church (that will remain unnamed) here in the San Diego area. I saw the sign advertising her appearance at this church as I drove by and I couldn't help but ask, 'Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????'

Of course, we all know what will happen next...Carrie Prejean sex tape surfacing on the Internet in 3...2...1...

3:01 PM, November 06, 2009  
Blogger Siarlys Jenkins said...

I remember Rev. Dr. Lewis B. Anthony at a men's retreat observing, yes, it's true, homosexuality is not part of God's plan, but booty call twice a day isn't part of God's plan either. So why are you singling out homosexuals for condemnation? Sin is sin.

6:21 PM, November 06, 2009  
Blogger donsands said...

"Rev. Dr. Lewis B. Anthony"?

Who is he? If you don't mind me asking?

7:05 PM, November 06, 2009  
Blogger Jeremy Weaver said...

Shouldn't the fact that she didn't articulate a Christian position on homosexuality have been a red flag for Christians?

"I don't like it for me and it's not how I was raised, but you can do it if you like," isn't the Christian position.

3:37 AM, November 07, 2009  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

Exactly. All she did was just express an "ick factor" opinion about same-sex marriage. Red State evangelicals can be such ding-bats.

7:50 AM, November 07, 2009  
Blogger Truth Unites... and Divides said...

I think God extends grace and forgiveness to a repentant Carrie Prejean. So I follow after God.

See here for her admission.

3:47 PM, November 10, 2009  
Blogger donsands said...

“I was all by myself and I was sending a boyfriend at the time who I loved and cared about a video of me … I was not having sex with anybody and you call it whatever you want.”

What does that mean really? I suppose she was sinning. And surely the lord is merciful.

She is too mysterious for me.

8:02 PM, November 10, 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home