Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Monday, November 02, 2009

In Case You Forgot

Bro. Marc Grizzard and his 20 member congregation had their good ole fashion book burning this past Saturday.

No pictures, but he does supply a report:

Longsuffering with idiots...

Labels: ,


Blogger donsands said...

"I am not against one studying and learning Hebrew, Greek, and Latin, as long as it is the correct one. We reject the Westcott and Hort, Bruce Metzger, as well as the Nestle-Aland. We accept only the TR-Textus Receptus (Masoretic Test) that underlays the King James Version."

I suppose this is the big argument they bring.

How does a lay person refute this bold statement?
And in a nut shell.

"This is all the concrete evidence I need [Psalm 12:6-7]. God's Word. This is a typical question by a liberal New Evangelical Bible doubter, such as James White. God has promised to preserve His Word, and He has through the TR, and then through the KJV."

This kind of statement is ridiculous and outrageous, and so they must be blind and deaf. But why? And How can they be?
And their blindness is compunded by their saying they are the only ones who can see. When one who is so blind and deaf to the love of Christ, and His truth, can they be saved?
Nothing is impossible for the Lord of great mercy.
He saved me,and but for the grace and mercy of God, there go I.

12:27 PM, November 02, 2009  
Blogger donsands said...

Forgot to include this, which is the question they accuse James White of asking."Do you have any real "concrete" evidence that the KJV is God's Word?"

Which is an excellent question BTW.

12:29 PM, November 02, 2009  
Blogger The Seeking Disciple said...

All I can say is wow.

12:44 PM, November 02, 2009  
Blogger bugblaster said...

I think I need a haircut.

Fred, I so, almost, surely wanted and yearned to excerpt from 1 Kings 16:11 (KJV). But I held back.

5:23 PM, November 02, 2009  
Blogger Escovado said...

Thanks for the link, Fred. Now my brain hurts.

7:01 PM, November 02, 2009  
Blogger Escovado said...

@ bugblaster

I just looked that up...my, oh my!

5:34 AM, November 04, 2009  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

That's why we keep Neil around. He always has pithy in sights from the Bible.

5:56 AM, November 04, 2009  
Blogger Raulemir said...

Mr. Fred,

I no come by you blog for many time. I see you no harrass Muslim no more. I happy.


7:55 PM, November 04, 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home