<body>
Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Neti Pots

The oldest pyro boy alerted my friends and me to this video.

What gets me is the robotic, Westworld like woman doing the demonstration. Totally expressionless, like a female Commander Data or something.

I can't imagine being expressionless when pouring water in my nose. I mean, I can remember when Scotty Bedwell did this in the 5th grade, he spewed milk out all over the place. There wasn't an expressionless face in the entire cafeteria.

Being an allergy sinus sufferer, I am tempted to try it.


Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike Felker said...

I'm not gonna lie, when you do it it feels like you are drowning. But as one who suffers severe pollen allergies, I can tell you that it beats the best sinus medicine out there and has instant relief.

Just make sure you close the door and don't let anyone see you doing it, or else you'll get made fun of. Trust me, I know ;-)

4:24 PM, August 26, 2009  
Blogger P.D. Nelson said...

I don't know Fred as callow youth a friend of mine got me laughing as I was drinking lemonade and I shot that out my nose like a whale surfacing. So I'm a little shy about pouring something in one nostril and out the other.

7:49 PM, August 26, 2009  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

Mike,
I suffer from the same situation you do, hence the intrigue I have for attempting this at home.

I think I could probably use my wife's teapot, however.

8:42 PM, August 26, 2009  
Blogger Ellen said...

During allergy season I'm a daily user of a variation - NeilMed makes a sinus rinse bottle that lets you do the rinse thing without tilting your head.

it really, really works.

7:36 AM, August 27, 2009  
Blogger Herding Grasshoppers said...

Try it.

My son has pretty mild allergies. Sometimes he would cough in his sleep until he gagged.

We got the Sinus Rinse (like a neti pot, but a squeeze bottle). Even a little kid can do it. :0)

The gunk it cleared was amazing (and disgusting... possibly part of the appeal to a little boy).

Be brave. IT WORKS.

Fred, really, don't use your wife's teapot.

And be sure to use salt water, not straight tap water, which burns.

Julie

8:45 AM, August 28, 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home