Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Roswell Outreach

Every year on the 4th of July weekend, thousands of UFO cranks descend upon Roswell, NM, the town where a flying saucer supposedly crashed in the desert back in 1947.

Gary Bates gives a report on an outreach he recently participated in at this year's UFO festival. I particularly like how they challenge those folks presuppositions.

Reaching out at Roswell

As a bonus, readers can revisit my encounter with a UFO guy a little while ago.



Blogger Steve Lamm said...


I read your old post with the guy on the bike. Made me laugh.

Made me also think about the usual come back: "there are so many planets out there. Some have to be inhabited."

That brought to mind the film "The Privileged Planet" which shows just how perfectly positioned the Earth is to support life, exporation of space, etc. Have you seen the film?

I recommend it.


10:23 PM, July 14, 2009  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

Yeah, I have seen the Privileged Planet, it's good and I highly recommend it. My one criticism is that the producers attempt to distance themselves from God as much as they can and they suggest big bang cosmology is true. My wish would be that they would be more biblical in their presentations, but sadly, that isn't the objective of the Discovery Institute.

5:48 AM, July 15, 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home