Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Friday, June 19, 2009

Ultimate Youth Pastor

I needed a quick post to keep the blog coals glowing until I can put up longer stuff next week.

Phil came through for me:

The Ultimate Youth Pastor

I think this video mocks every imaginable, current day youth evangelist motif.

I particularly like their take on Louie Giglio and the "head of Jesus bigger than five galaxies."

Personally, my reaction would be exactly like that bearded guy.

Labels: ,


Blogger Craig and Heather said...

very good. It is so easy to get intimidated by flashy things, and miss out on the simplicity of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Thank you


5:16 PM, June 19, 2009  
Blogger The Squirrel said...

That. Was. Sadly. Very. Funny.

At least he didn't wreck a motorcycle during the service...


9:49 PM, June 19, 2009  
Blogger donsands said...

I saw this Ignatius before. I didn't even watch the whole video but skimmed through it. The big head is ridiculous. We're back to Benny Hinnism, WWFism, and all the other phoney sensationalistic deceptions in the Church.

The problem is that Christians want to be humble and not judge, and believe all things in love. So, many simply accept these goofy people.

I have learned that the pastor and elders need to examine every teacher, speaker, and preacher that comes into their church. They better. Their are tons of winds of doctrine out there and thousands of deceptive pseudo-disciples of the Lord.

I remember a while back, my church worship director allowed someone to lead worship in our church.

This guest leader sang the Righteous Brothers song, "Unchained Melody". It was crazy. His bass player was of the Baha'i religion.

I didi bump into him the next day and we had a chat, and he didn't particularly enjoy my words.

Have a wonderful Lord's day of worship, the Word, fellowship, and prayer. Be edified and strengthened in His might and love for His glory, and for the long haul of fighting the good fight of faith.

10:38 AM, June 20, 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home