Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Monday, May 04, 2009

The Glory of God in Christian Debate

James White gives his review of his latest debate against atheist evangelist, Dan Barker, and provides some important and helpful insights on how Christians should approach debating in apologetic contexts. I appreciate his take on the appropriate application of using Christian evidences and incorporating the gospel.

Good reading for those who haven't seen it yet.

Reflections on the UofI Debate



Blogger Greg said...

I'm a big fan of James White. I watched the video he posted of the debate opening. I really hope they are able to produce that one on DVD. Did anyone else watch that opening video? It was funny how Dan Barker sort of flailed wildly when he spoke, and the camera man zoomed in on it.

5:18 AM, May 05, 2009  
Blogger The Squirrel said...

Dr. White and crew streamed the debate live, and I was able to listen... the quality wasn't great (we were listening by cell phone, as the wireless internet went down, so we lost the Skype feed,) so I missed a lot (the professional MP3 files should be posted soon - this week, I understand) but Dan Barker got his *ahem* handed to him on a gilded platter!


5:58 AM, May 05, 2009  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

Would you say it was as entertaining as Barker's debate with Wilson? That one was fabulous.

I look forward to hearing White's review sometime tomorrow via podcast. I appreciated his overall approach.


6:08 AM, May 05, 2009  
Blogger The Squirrel said...


It's better than the Wilson debate! White rattled Barker, and you can tell.

I'm looking forward the the mp4 downloads, when they become available, as I want to watch Barker's face.


2:04 PM, May 05, 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home