<body>
Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Meet George Jettson

Wasn't there a guy flying one of these in The Road Warrior?



I know the thought of a flying car sounds cool. It would be a beautiful thing to be driving along the 405 and when I come up to the stalled traffic where the 405 meets the 101, I flip out my wings and happily sail over all those angry motorists crawling at 15 mph over into LA. But let's be honest, do we really want just anyone flying these things? Like surly teenagers? What about those hoarders who pile fast food containers in their back seat? Dropped from 100 feet, an empty Burger King soda cup can probably hurt. The litigation possibilities is staggering. Not to mention the cost of insurance.

The official website is here: The Butterfly LLC

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger The Squirrel said...

I'd love one. But, you're right, we don't want everybody to have one. Talk about an air traffic control nightmare! Look at the problems we have with two dimensional traffic...

Now, here in Montana? With our wide open spaces? And our low population? Naw, it'd still be a problem.

~Squirrel

8:03 AM, March 31, 2009  
Blogger bugblaster said...

Fred, I do not like it when you talk about me like that. And besides, I go to Wendy's, not Burger King.

9:22 AM, March 31, 2009  
Blogger Greg said...

As a stern Burger King Onlyist, I'm outraged by the above comment. I have half a mind to fly my car over there right now...

9:49 AM, March 31, 2009  
Blogger The Squirrel said...

BKBO (Burger King Burgers Only)- lol, you guys are killing me. Hm, I'm hungry...

:-)

~Squirrel

11:43 AM, March 31, 2009  
Blogger Nathan said...

And what happens when you run out of gas...over the 405...during rush hour?

Nope, this is a Very Bad Idea.

12:35 PM, March 31, 2009  
Blogger donsands said...

Yep, the goofy lanky guy flew one of those, and helped the Road Warrior, Mad Max, out quite a bit. He was sort of like Tonto was to the Lone Ranger; type of guy sort of.

Funny post BTW.

1:08 PM, March 31, 2009  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

It was the same guy who was the Mouth of Saron in the extended edition of the Return of the King, by the way.

1:30 PM, March 31, 2009  
Blogger Greg said...

I don't think they ever give Bruce Spence normal roles. They just dress him up in silly costumes.

5:25 PM, March 31, 2009  
Blogger bugblaster said...

I've never seen the extended edition. Is it worth watching?

6:40 AM, April 01, 2009  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

You haven't watched the EE? You are in for a treat. the extended versions makes all the films a whole lot better, particularly the Return of the King.

6:59 AM, April 01, 2009  
Blogger donsands said...

"It was the same guy who was the Mouth of Saron.."

For some reason I really like this dispicable character. Sort of the way i like Smeagel, but not exactly.

I bought the EE of all three, and it's well worth it. The best Trilogy film series ever. I heard peter Jackson may be doing The Hobbit? I hope so.

11:38 AM, April 01, 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home