Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Why I Love LA

I would imagine this is an everyday thing for Neil

Labels: ,


Blogger Kim said...

Haha, that is pretty funny. We certainly did have to scrap off our vehicles on monday, and today it has been raining all day. I guess it's the "slush" season.

12:03 PM, December 09, 2008  
Blogger ThirstyDavid said...

Very funny. We're scraping here, too. I don't know where the Shays are in Ontario, but we're actually farther north here in southern ND than Toronto. So I don't weep for Neil, but I do resent you.

8:39 PM, December 09, 2008  
Blogger Hayden said...

You can tell this guy is new to the snowy climate. The first thing you are supposed to do is start the car and turn on all the defrosters! I found myself asking 'why didn't he start the car?' and realized why at the end. It was really funny though.

I only have 12 more days left in snowy Michigan before we move to Florida :-) Praise God for His blessings.

6:35 AM, December 10, 2008  
Blogger bugblaster said...

My daughter couldn't find the ice scraper, so she used a spatula. We mocked her.

North Dakota gets frost and snow. We get thick adversarial ice, which is much harder to banish. I resent David.

1:39 PM, December 10, 2008  
Blogger ThirstyDavid said...

Neil has obviously never spent a winter in ND. I've scraped ½" thick ice off the windshield before. ¼" is common. One morning last year, our house was entirely encased in 6" of ice. We had to call the fire department to come chip the doors out. Last winter was so cold that the ice on the lake didn't melt completely until August. There were still houses on the ice in June. One year, our snowmen celebrated a birthday.

7:36 AM, December 11, 2008  
Blogger ThirstyDavid said...

Some portions of my previous comment may be of dubious veracity.

7:39 AM, December 11, 2008  
Blogger Kim said...

Well, Neil has definitely not spent a winter in ND. He did, however, spend five winters in Saskatchewan. I remember when he got a flat tire one morning on the way to work. It was -37 Celsius...

12:49 PM, December 11, 2008  
Blogger bugblaster said...

You know you're not in LA when the smoke descends from the chimneys, condenses into ice fog, and coats the roads with glare.

We didn't get the ice on the cars so much in Saskatchewan, just frost and snow, and the occasional day that was colder than that day's North Pole temperature. (-46C. That's -50F for you Fred)

North Dakota's is part of the banana belt.

1:08 PM, December 11, 2008  
Blogger ThirstyDavid said...

Well, I'll grant you -37°C (-34.6°F) is cold. Almost cold enough for sweaters.

4:22 PM, December 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home