Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Monday, October 20, 2008

...and a little child shall lead them.

This video stirs up within me conflicting emotion. There is comedy and tragedy all in one.

First off, I will not be surprised if the parents take this kid on the road as a traveling Pentecostal evangelist AND, here's the kicker, PEOPLE WILL FLOCK TO SEE HIM! If not that, I certainly could see this kid headlined at a Benny Hinn show.

And to think when my 2 year old picked up an open mike when we were setting up the sound system in Sunday school I thought he was just goofing around. How was I to know the holy ghost had done fallen on my boy and he was prophesyin' in Jesus name?

The heart break, however, is the fact that people in the congregation genuinely thought a toddler was being used to give a "Word from God." Listen carefully to the lady thanking Jesus.

Why am I reminded of Isaiah 3:12?

HT: Dan the Man

Labels: , , ,


Blogger Kim said...

Perhaps the kid's problem was that his mom used Huggies instead of Pampers and he was just making it known.

8:38 AM, October 20, 2008  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

If that is the case, he is expressing his outrage with much authority.

9:03 AM, October 20, 2008  
Blogger The Seeking Disciple said...

I sensed the anointing as I was listening to this.

1:14 PM, October 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home