<body>
Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Monday, May 05, 2008

Richard Dawkins' post box












To:
Dr. Richard Dawkins
Subject: Panspermia and exogenesis

Dear Dr. Dawkins,

I must begin my letter to you expressing how you are such a great encouragement to myself and many other intellectuals out here living in an irrational, superstitious world. You have demonstrated outstanding courage as a beacon of reason and logic in a society whose citizens are beholden to tribal deities and witchcraft. Your example only moves me to being a more aggressive "evangelist" for the atheist "gospel."

I recently returned from a showing of that movie Expelled. I only went because I wanted to be able to refute the nonsensical propaganda that belches forth from the sewage container dishonestly called "the Intelligent Design" movement. Ben Stein is a let down which is to be expected from a creationist goon like himself.

I must say, however, that your interview with him was a breath of fresh air in an otherwise odious film. It was alone the price of admission. You could tell he didn't know how to respond to your brilliant answers, and when you suggested to him that the first self-replicating molecule could have very well been brought to our planet by extra-terrestrial, intelligent life, the look of incredulity on his face just showed me what a moron Ben Stein truly is. Has he never heard of exogenesis before? Or panspermia? It is probably one of the most legitimate theories to explain the origins of life on our planet! He seemed to carry on as if he had never heard of it before. Has Stein never heard of Dr. Fred Hoyle or Dr. Francis Crick or Richard C. Hoagland? I mean, almost every night a person can hear leading experts on the subject talk about panspermia for a couple of hours on Coast to Coast AM.

Well, the theory of panspermia sirred up a question in my mind I wanted to ask you, Dr. Dawkins. Do you think the aliens who seeded are planet billions of years ago expects anything from us? I mean, they are in a sense our alien overlords, those who "created" us, as it were. Perhaps they want us as humanity to be living at a particular standard of conduct. Of course, our first inclination is to think they would want us to be striving for world peace, but I remember seeing this Twilight Zone episode - from the newer series in the 80s - where these aliens had sped up evolution so the human race would strive - not for peace - but for making better weapons. Who saw that one coming!? And imagine if the only reason aliens seeded our planet was to turn us all into a big human processing plant to cook us up in alien TV dinners!

These are just things we need to keep in mind as we consider the theory of panspermia. It may even be helpful when we are forced to debate these ID yahoos.

Thanks Dr. Dawkins,
Keep up the good work.

Ryan Harris

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger P.D. Nelson said...

Fred does it hurt when you type that with your tongue so firmly planted in your cheek?

7:21 PM, May 05, 2008  
Blogger Hayden said...

fred,

thanks for the laugh. I knew that you would enjoy the last interview with Dawkins in Expelled. It was worth the price of admission.

By the way, have you been on Pulpit Live lately. They are doing a series on the Bible and Evolution and there are some young evolutionists that are proving the point of Expelled without even trying. Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

6:11 AM, May 06, 2008  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

I saw the series, but I haven't stopped down to read any of it indepth. I know PL ran a series of articles along the same line a year or more ago. Generally the comments were a hoot and I thoroughly enjoyed engaging young and restless evolutionary apologists.

Fred

8:52 AM, May 06, 2008  
Blogger troypulk said...

hello Fred,

I'm enjoying your blog very much,

I think that you really should send this letter to Richard

6:23 PM, May 12, 2008  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

Well Troy,
You have my permission to send him the link. I don't think he will care about it, but let's see.

Fred

6:40 PM, May 12, 2008  
Blogger John Morales said...

"I only went because I wanted to be able to refute the non-nonsensical propaganda [...]"

Um. A mistake or a clue that you're being cheeky?

Not bad, though.

1:48 AM, May 13, 2008  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

John,
I am "brilliant" ain't I?

Fred

5:17 AM, May 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home