Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Friday, March 07, 2008

Garfield without Garfield

Maybe it is the medication I am currently taking, but as I scrolled through this collection of cartoons, I was snickering to myself like an idiot. People walking through my area were tossing me looks. It was embarrassing; like the time I attempted to contain my giggles in Mrs. Wells' 5th grade class as I read the poetry of Where the Side Walk Ends with Julie Stevens.

Garfield Minus Garfield

Someone has provided an unusual take on one of the stupidest comic strips every put to print. The purpose statement at the blog sums it up well:

Who would have guessed that when you remove Garfield from the Garfield comic strips, the result is an even better comic about schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and the empty desperation of modern life? Friends, meet Jon Arbuckle. Let’s laugh and learn with him on a journey deep into the tortured mind of an isolated young everyman as he fights a losing battle against loneliness in a quiet American suburb.

Better is an understatement. I hope there are some folks out there who share my warped sense of humor.



Blogger Ransom said...

Hilarious! I was in tears reading through that blog.

This kind of out-of-context "re-imagining" reminds me of my days in university, while living in residence. Every Wednesday night, the guys would irritate the girls on the floor by de-contextualizing Jennifer Love Hewitt's character on Party of Five, and pretending she had a sort of "Fatal Attraction" thing going on with Scott Wolf.

6:48 PM, March 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home