Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Wednesday, February 27, 2008


Those were the desperate words yelled by my oldest boy moments before he blew projectile puke all over the backseat of our Camry. He had been suffering with a belly ache, diarrhea, and vomiting and my wife and I thought we should take him to the ER to get him hydrated. He couldn't make it to the hospital in time, bless his heart.

I will never forget those words. So much so that I now tell you all


I have had this lingering head cold thing for like the last three weeks. At night, when I sleep, I start in with coughing spasms. I have been eating Mucinex like candy and greasing myself with Vic's every night to help get rest. This past Monday it was the worst I have ever experienced my coughing so that I couldn't sleep. I went to work, and started getting a fever. I figured I should see a doctor.

My regular doctor was booked up until Thursday, so I settled for sitting an hour and a half in a walk-in clinic. I praise the Lord for Ipods. The doctor there thinks I have the flu, so no antibiotics could help me, but he did give me some cough medicine with codine. I loooveee codine in cough syrup.

After I left the clinic, I spent another 20 minutes or so sitting at Walgreens to get my prescription. Ohhh, that codine helped bunches. I was able to sleep and I didn't even attempt to get out of bed until later in the evening. I think I got up to use the bathroom once at some point during the day, but I can't recall. I honestly don't believe I have been this sick in years.

I slept much better last night thanks to the codine syrup, but I am still extremely under the weather. I managed to get up to eat a bite of breakfast and to write out this post to say I won't be blogging for a while. When I return to work on Thursday, the Lord willing, I will have a lot of things stacked up to finish. So maybe on Monday of next week I will be back to my regular routine. See you all then.



Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home