<body>
Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Richard Dawkins' post box

















To: Richard Dawkins
Cc: Sam Harris; Daniel Dennett
Subject: Sped up evolution

Dr. Dawkins,

First I would like to say I have truly enjoyed reading your books. You are to be commended for your work in articulating evolutionary thought in our otherwise unscientific world. Your theories regarding "memetics," for example, is particularly outstanding. I also appreciate how you have in recent days put those backward thinking ignoramuses in the Christian world on the run. That is why your God Delusion book really satisfied me, because you wrote some things that needed to be said against those Christ-o-tards that people are just afraid to say because of fear of being censored.

At any rate, I was curious to get your opinion about something. Now that science has shown us that the evolution of our genetics is going much faster than we have previously thought, I was wondering if you think this may mean mankind is on the verge of evolving into a newer, more advanced stage of humanity on a cosmic scale?

The reason I ask is that I just finished watching Heroes, Season 1 on DVD and it shows how the mutated genes of these ordinary people caused them to evolve these extraordinary abilities like being able to fly, or turn invisible, or even manipulate time and space. I personally would like to evolve the ability to have super fast healing qualities like that Claire Bennet girl. My friend Ronnie thinks he would like to evolve those nuclear energy producing abilities like the Ted character, but Ronnie says he would never attempt to blow up a city. In fact, if human beings were to evolve in any extraordinary fashion, and I were to evolve mental telepathy, rest assured, Dr. Dawkins, that I would never be like that Sylar fellow who ate everyone else's brains so as to steal their abilities.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.

Micky Stup

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home