<body>
Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Friday, November 09, 2007

Neil Drumming

No, not that Neil. Neil Peart. You know, the drummer from Rush.

So my middle boy, 2 of 3 (my wife and I gave our three boys Borg designations so we can talk about them in their company with out them knowing we are talking about them), banged around on a drum set at Costco a few weeks ago and he has been all into drums ever since. He walks around with popsicle sticks hitting upturned coffee cans, plastic CD spindle covers, pans, and anything else that can make a "drum" sound.

So, being a thoughtful father, I said to myself, "You know, I bet there has to be a You Tube video or two of some of Neil Peart's drum solos, one of the coolest classic rock drummers ever, I can show 2 of 3." Welp, sure enough, I searched and I found a bunch. The one I let my middle boy watch was a Buddy Rich memorial concert. Its basically a variation of his solo from the Exit Stage Left concert album, but it is sweet none the less.



After 2 of 3 watched it, I believe I created a monster.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger deohsan said...

Resistance is futile.

3:25 PM, November 09, 2007  
Blogger Hayden said...

Fred,

Welcome to my world! My son has been into instruments, especially drums since he was able to walk. My family keeps adding to his interest by buying him instruments. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! Maybe the boys can get together and form a band, but not a rock band because that would be EVIL :)

7:30 PM, November 09, 2007  
Blogger Kim said...

Oh yes, welcome to the world of musical children.

Last Sunday afternoon, while I tried to prepare for a bible study, our resident rock star (who, by the way, says he likes the "new" Rush) had is drummer friend bring the drums over. They played the same eight or so bars over, and over, and over, and over. I don't know what made more noise; the drums of the thumping of the kicker on the hardwood floor. It was right above my head. I eventually left for the peace and serenity of the grocery store.

8:21 PM, November 09, 2007  
Blogger Brian said...

Now all you need is to turn him to Clive Burr and the late John Bonham.

12:57 PM, November 10, 2007  
Blogger Ransom said...

The Professor certainly has Buddy's style down . . . that being said, as good as he is, Peart is no Buddy Rich, which means that if Buddy were still with us . . . just, wow, man.

9:20 PM, November 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home