Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Monday, October 01, 2007

Eagle Theology

I heard this one on the radio Saturday morning as I cooked pancakes. I mumbled my annoyance to myself for thirty minutes.

If you want to listen to how NOT to preach a sermon - spiritualizing hermeneutics, a-textual eisegious - and the type of preaching I had to endure on occasion as a college aged, conservative evangelical, then here you go.

Labels: ,


Blogger P.D. Nelson said...

I could only get through 30 seconds before becoming violently ill Fred. Sorry my constitution isn't what it used to be.

11:12 AM, October 01, 2007  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

ahh, you should've stayed with it. You would had learned a bit later how the snake is the eagle's main enemy, which is a picture of satan and how he is the Christian's, and just like how the snake will inject poison into the eagle, so does satan inject poison into the lives of our children at secular schools.

Amazing isn't it?

11:36 AM, October 01, 2007  
Blogger Carl said...

I listened to the first few minutes of it and seriously thought it was a parody.

12:16 AM, October 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home