Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Monday, September 24, 2007

Justin Peters Ministries

My church recently had the privilege of hosting apologist, Justin Peters, whose expertise is with exposing the dreadful heresies promoted by the health-and-wealth, Word of Faith preachers like Benny Hinn and the Copelands.

The Thursday before he presented his sessions, he gave a brief overview of his material at The Master's Seminary chapel. For some reason I can't make the actual mp3 a clickable link, but go here to the chapel messages and look for Justin Peters "Exposing the Word of Faith Movement" on 9/06/07.

Just his 37 minutes alone are stunning to hear. I appreciate the fact he presents the audio and video of the Word of Faith preachers he is exposing so we can hear what they believe from their own mouths. One of the more bizarre clips he plays is Gloria Copeland claiming to have the divine ability to control the weather. Which, if that is the case, notes Peters, she is a monstrous individual to have allowed Katrina to destroy so many lives.

The deplorable theology is bad enough, but what's even worse is how these preachers are spiritual serial predators, raping the souls of desperate people with serious medical and health problems. Benny Hinn is probably the worst of all of them, and his antics stirs up my fleshly side to the point I want to put him in a room and beat him unmercifully with a rubber hose until he's crying for his mama, ...but I must restrain myself.

Peters tells the heart breaking story of a young couple with a 3 month old little boy with birth defects so bad he probably won't live a year, and yet no miracle awaits them because Hinn refuses to allow individuals with visible deformities and defects on stage to heal them. Then Hinn leaves to his 10 million dollar, sea-side mansion.

Its this kind of angering stuff that tells me the Word of Faith movement isn't just misguided religious buffoonery. It's Satanic.



Blogger HeIsSailing said...

Which, if that is the case, notes Peters, she is a monstrous individual to have allowed Katrina to destroy so many lives.

Do you realize what an ironic statement this is when you consider God's omniscience?

6:16 PM, September 24, 2007  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

Well the difference are profound. I take it by your site you are an atheist apostate? I could be wrong about that.

The key difference is that God is God. He has prerogative to do with His creatures as he sees fit, Including sending storms or other natural disasters, and that neither diminishes his character or makes him "evil" as atheists wish to assert.

Gloria Copeland, on the other hand, is not God and yet she boasts openly of having this power she claims she can use at a whim to satisfy her desires, or the desires of anyone for that matter. If she genuinely has this ability and can wield it at will, then Katrina, or any other hurricane, should be an easy target for her to demonstrate this ability for the good of her fellow humanity.


5:50 AM, September 25, 2007  
Blogger Even So... said...

It amazes me how many professional people are into this ridiculous babble...a former eye doctor of mine was really into his pastor, a Rhema graduate, and he was all about talking up the faith healing, etc...and I said, excuse me, where are we at right now, this very moment? He looked stunned, as if I didn't get it!

Just goes to show education doesn't equate with spiritual life...

4:35 PM, September 25, 2007  
Blogger Steve Lamm said...


Thanks for the link to Justin Peters message at TMS. It was very informative.

I have an intern working with me who escaped from a word of faith church which his mother still clings to. I suggested he listen to it.

Every time he returns home, he has to listen to this drivel.

Steve Lamm

9:15 AM, September 26, 2007  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

Hey Steve,
Have your intern contact Justin through his website. He had a DVD set of his messages available at the seminar he gave. I haven't seen it yet, but everyone who has tells me its tremendous. There's a fellow who attends my Bible study and he used it to show to a group of friends in similar circumstances as your intern's mama.


9:42 AM, September 26, 2007  
Blogger Daniel said...

My mother also has been infected by this teaching, and like Steve above, I too must suffer this drivel when I visit. I checked out his site, but I should dearly love to find a copy of that DVD. I am off to visit his site right now to see if I can buy one.

12:36 PM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Daniel said...

Fred, I couldn't find a link to the sale of said DVD. Can you link me up or send me an email telling me where I might find one?

Thanks in advance.

12:41 PM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

Hey Daniel,
Nice to hear from you bro.
Peters had those DVDs on sale at his seminar when he was here, so I only assumed they would also be available at his site.

Two things you could try:
Email him through his site and inquire about the set. Mention to him about how you heard he was a Grace and he had a set of DVDs for sale. I think the set was about 30 bucks or so (American)

Or, try the bookshack at
1-800-472-2315 or email them at service@GBIBooks.com. They possibly could give you more info.

I wish I could be better at helping.


12:57 PM, September 28, 2007  
Blogger Caron said...

Hi Daniel,

I realize this is a very old post that I just ran across, but did you ever find the dvd set? Since the one available in 2007, there is another one of much the same content, but done in a church and a few more details. I'm not sure why you weren't able to find it on his site, but you can certainly purchase it there now.

Lord bless you men,


2:57 PM, November 28, 2009  
Blogger Mark Johnson said...

I bought his DVD set, and it is awesome. Justin exposes these false teachers and the damage they are causing to sick and hurting people. He constantly uses the bible to expose the twisted doctrines of the word of faith movement. I highly recommend this DVD set to any Christian or non-Christian. His gospel presentation is spot on.

9:17 PM, July 19, 2011  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home