Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Billy Graham Talking Cow

Back in January of this year I blogged about the new Billy Graham Memorial Barn.

If a person visits the barn, what is really the official Billy Graham library, he or she is suppose to be greeted by a mechanical talking cow.

When I heard about the cow, I for some reason envisioned a jerky, robotic bovine that resembles a Chucky Cheese character. Well, today I was talking about the cow with a co-worker and we did a google search and found a video of it.

I was pleasantly surprised by how good the cow looked, as in how realistic it looked. I was a bit stunned to hear the cow speak, because it spoke with the voice of a deep southern black woman. It was as if they got Dellah Reese to voice the cow. I was even more stunned to hear the cow exclaim how Billy had cold hands when he came to milk her.

Anyhow, here's the video:

Labels: ,


Blogger P.D. Nelson said...

So this is the legacy of "America's Preacher"? Kitsch, and really bad kitsch at that. Oy!

9:48 PM, August 02, 2007  
Blogger Carl said...

That is just very surreal.

9:09 AM, August 03, 2007  
Blogger Chris said...

I can't believe I just saw that. That can't be real.

3:47 PM, August 11, 2007  
Blogger Matthew C. Keegan said...

My children enjoyed the talking cow and it took the edge off of what was a very long (for them) tour of the Billy Graham Library.

Kudos to BGEA for making the tour child-friendly and for pointing people to Jesus Christ throughout the tour.

I posted my review of the library online; please check it out.

8:38 AM, August 17, 2007  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

I'm a tad ambivalent to the talking cow. Though I find it a bit odd as a feature in what is suppose to otherwise be a serious library, it is humorous, which I can appreciate.

I guess my feeling about it would be along the lines of the Regan Library having a robotic Bonzo chimp extolling the virtues of Regan's character when he was an actor.

I do think some heavily critical folks of Graham and his ministry have overstated the dishonor of the talking cow. They are being a bit absurd in my mind.


8:56 AM, August 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home