<body>
Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Birds of Paradise

A friend has loaned us a copy of the BBC's Planet Earth series. We only watched the first episode on the first disk, but the images I have seen so far are just mind blowing. I sort of wish I had the Hi-Def entertainment center to get the full effect, but our puny 30 inch TV does a fine job none the less. I have to say I find it amusing how the series ascribes personality to "mother nature" as if there is a goddess directing the diversity of life on our world. The disconnect the fallen mind has with their creator in light of such grand displays of life can be astounding at times.

Here is an exceptional scene I thoroughly enjoyed on the mating dances of Papua New Guinea "Birds of Paradise." I figured it would be on "you tube" and I found it in 30 seconds.

I guess I like it so much because it reminds me of my woeful attempts to win Julie Allison's affection in 8th grade. You have to love David Attenborough's soothing narration.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home