Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Saturday, June 16, 2007

These are the headlines I love to see

Squirrel Goes on Rampage, injures 3

No word if he left a suicide note.



Blogger Raulemir said...

I thank you, Mr. Fred, for no insinuating that squirrel was Muslim. No everything violent come from Islam. Maybe you start to see that?

Have good day, Mr. Fred.

1:35 PM, June 16, 2007  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

That's why I leave such insinuating in the hands of my commenters. I'll let you be the one who raises the idea of itty-bitty suicide bomber belts.


4:02 PM, June 16, 2007  
Blogger Kim said...

We have, at any one given time, at least three squirrels in our back yard. On one occasion last year, there were about seven of them in the yard, chasing each other. The people who live behind us feed them, and then they come and dig holes in the yard.

The squirrels think they own the yard. If I go outside, sure enough, one will squawk at me, as if reprimanding me for being in my own yard.

I don't like squirrels.

4:56 AM, June 18, 2007  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

My wife is a city girl from So. Cal. She has never seen any sort of hunting or animal death all of her life.

A few years ago we are in Kansas City visiting my uncle and aunt and one of the delights my uncle has in his retirement is to stand at the kitchen window above the sink and shoot the squirrels milling around his bird feeders with a high powered pellet gun.

So this one day while we're visiting, my uncle says after breakfast, "I'm going to go shoot a few squirrels." My wife, always the eager one for seeing new things, says, "Oh, that sounds fun, I want to watch!" I of course was utterly thrilled with the notion and wanted a try with the pellet gun.

My uncle pumps up his gun, draws a bead on this one fat, fluffy tailed squirrel poking around the base of the bird feeder, and pops him in the shoulder. The squirrel jumps straight up into the air off all four of his feet and then falls to the ground vigorously shaking his right paw. I squealed with laughter, my wife was traumatized as if she had just returned from a tour of duty in Baghdad.

She had to excuse herself.
My uncle and I had a grand time.

2:09 PM, June 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home