<body>
Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Blogaversary

May 31st marks 2 years that I have been blogging here at Hip and Thigh.

I was stunned by the thought.

The day sort of crept up on me all of the sudden. Thinking it has been two whole years since I started blogging puts a person quickly in touch with his mortality.

Anyhow, here is the first post I ever posted: Introductions
It was one of those generic introduction posts most people post when they start blogging. So newer folks may appreciate reading it for the first time.

Since those two years I have 432 posts total on a wide range of subjects.

My site meter tells me as of 1:50 PST there have been 39,752 visitors since August 28th of 2006 when I began keeping count.

Frank Turk use to leave an occasional comment until he became a big shot, fancy pants Team Pyro blogger and raised the dander of the Pig's Head people. Has he forgotten us little people?

Without fail, at least 2 or 3 people a day - sometimes as much as 10 - will hit my article: The Pursuit of Excellence with Faking Skunk Ape Photos. It is by far my most searched post by total strangers from around the world.

My Open Letter to Adam Gadahn comes in at a distant second. My visitors to that article double when ever he issues a new threat via video.

Third is all of my KJV only material. I can recall back during the time when Frank was leaving comments, that he left a comment under the first article I wrote dealing with Gay Christian Apologetics warning me to be prepared for the gay "Christians" leaving harsh comments. I simply replied, "Just wait until I start blogging about KJV onlyism." At least once a month or so I have a person email me privately and thank me for my material answering KJV onlyism.

It's those emails that makes blogging all the more fun for me.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Ebeth said...

Happy anniversary. Keep up the good work here and for GTY and for Gracelife.

6:57 PM, May 31, 2007  
Blogger P.D. Nelson said...

Felicitations on the anniversary of your blog. You are one of the blogs I make sure to read during my lunch break. Keep up the good work not only here but at your website and podcast.



Pete Nelson

7:56 PM, May 31, 2007  
Blogger Raulemir said...

Yeah, yeah, Mr. Fred. Congratulations and all that stuff. But how many Muslims you make mad in the process?

Raulemir

9:14 PM, May 31, 2007  
Blogger Kim said...

Good on ya, Fred.

I really enjoyed your "Introductions" post; I'm glad you linked it.

3:47 AM, June 01, 2007  
Blogger Jeremy Weaver said...

I've got to say...Christian Apologetics are not gay.:-)

Congratulations!

4:54 AM, June 01, 2007  
Blogger centuri0n said...

I'd like to point out that:

(1) I thought Fred quit blogging; I have no idea why I thought that -- I thought I read ther here, so my failing to stop by has nothing to do with being too famous for Freddy. I thought his blog was dead.

(2) The tag "Fred's life" is very TIWIARN. I'm afraid to follow it to see where it leads.

(3) I need Fred to walk down the hall and see if Phil is still alive. I haven't heard from him in weeks and I think Darlene has finally done him in and is hiding the body ...

8:33 AM, June 01, 2007  
Blogger centuri0n said...

Happy Tailaversary, Freddy.

8:33 AM, June 01, 2007  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

(1) I thought Fred quit blogging; I have no idea why I thought that -- I thought I read ther here, so my failing to stop by has nothing to do with being too famous for Freddy. I thought his blog was dead.

(Fred) I must say that The reports of my retirement are a bit premature. Frank, you are a rock star. Like I said over at your place a few weeks ago: Prepare you self for the groupies clamoring for your attention when you go to that Founders get together. Take yourself a good pen in case you need to sign Bibles and what-not. Oh, and make sure you dress nice for the photos. Your wife will appreciate that.

(2) The tag "Fred's life" is very TIWIARN. I'm afraid to follow it to see where it leads.

(Fred) What does TIWIARN mean? I must confess I am not hip to the blog codes. Is it good or bad? You might find the cancer stories fun to read.

(3) I need Fred to walk down the hall and see if Phil is still alive. I haven't heard from him in weeks and I think Darlene has finally done him in and is hiding the body ...

(Fred) I saw Phil yesterday. He is still alive. He has just acquired a new toy - A big honking Ipod with a 20 inch display screen. He's holed up in his office, and thankfully, he hasn't gone Howard Hughes on us just yet.

Fred

9:01 AM, June 01, 2007  
Blogger centuri0n said...

Should I have slipped in a "no disrespect, dude"? I think I got Freddy a little wired up ...

11:16 AM, June 01, 2007  
Blogger Daniel said...

TIWIARN - this is where I am right now.

2:10 PM, June 01, 2007  
Blogger BugBlaster said...

Happy blogiversary Freddo. From where I sit, you are a rock star.

Oh, and my wife put up that picture you were asking for.

6:51 PM, June 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home