<body>
Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

If I Buffet My Body...

Don't these people just make you sick?

Four Years of Persistent Training

I once was in a gym here in L.A. with a friend. There was some really ripped guy working out next to us and my friend asked him what sort of things he did to get to how he looked. He told us about his routine and habits, and my friend asks, "What sort of things do you eat? Do you eat pizza?" The man became sober faced and replied, "I haven't eaten a slice of pizza in 11 years."

I quickly darted my eyes to the floor and excused myself so as to finish my "set" of squat thrusts.

I am such a weak willed, lazy slug.

But hey, I have been told I teach a mean Bible study.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I think I would rather be known for teaching a mean bible study.

Personally, I keep fit with the "Mother's Stress and Anxiety Diet." It's working quite well.

5:58 AM, April 11, 2007  
Blogger Ebeth said...

You do a great job of working with the fulfillment department at GTY also.

8:32 AM, April 11, 2007  
Blogger Brian said...

I'm right there with you. Remember this, You know a man is on the level if his bubble is in the middle.

9:06 AM, April 11, 2007  
Blogger Daniel said...

bah! did you notice how his calf muscles were bigger in the first picture than in the last? Sure he can flex, but the man couldn't pedal a bike to save his life.

9:15 AM, April 11, 2007  
Blogger thomas4881 said...

I have two personal trainer certifications, 1 is from www.issaonline.com. I can see this guy in the pictures is most likely on steroids. It's possible he's not but I doubt it. You can get close to making that kind of change after 4 years but it's not as simple as it looks on that page. It takes knowlege first then action. The secret is the stronger you get the less you got to exercise. I only exercise 1 to 2 times a week now. At first for about two years I exercised 3 to 6 times a week. It takes intelligence too. If you hurt yourself you can ruin years of achievement for a long while. I like how Paul said bodily exercise profits little. It really does because no matter how strong we are God determines if were going to be allowed to live or die for a few more days. Being buff does have little gain for the short time we get to live. It helps me at my security job in some ways a little. Godliness with contentment is great gain. Living in holyness is the most important.

5:00 PM, April 11, 2007  
Blogger Marla said...

Amen.

6:44 AM, May 11, 2011  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home