Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Curing Diseased Thinking

Here's an excellent essay exploring the value of critical thinking in relationship to our conspiracy theory driven society. It's well written and even chuckle inducing. I was embarrassing myself yesterday by letting out snorty laughs while I was reading it at Starbucks waiting for my wife to pick me up.

I appreciated the author's call for the sane people to unite together and stand against the big-mouthed, Rosie O'donnells in our world.

If you have a loved one or an acquaintance who regularly drinks from the mental cesspool of conspiracy theory infected world-views and then attempts to poison your own mind after Easter dinner with his or her non-sense while you all sip coffee and watch the basketball game, this essay will provide a sound inoculation.

Labels: ,


Blogger Fundamentally Reformed said...

the link doesn't work. Sounds interesting, though.

10:14 AM, April 17, 2007  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

Worked for me. Should take you right to it. Browser problem?

10:17 AM, April 17, 2007  
Blogger Ebeth said...

Worked for me, too.

4:10 PM, April 17, 2007  
Blogger thomas4881 said...

That's interesting. I've been listening to this radio show at www.zephreport.com . This guy zeph daniel seems to be one of a kind. He's very peculiar in his thinking. He's always talking about Jesus and the truth. I can't pin down at the moment exactly what's wrong with him fully. He's always talking about conspiracy stuff. That might be it. But he's often putting down conspiracy theorys too.

10:11 AM, April 18, 2007  
Blogger Highland Host said...

Worked for me as well. And it's an excellent essay.

I used to be fascinated by all this conspiracy theory supernatural stuff. Fortunately my inquiring mind (cause of a personal library of over 2000 volumes) brought me to books debunking Von Daniken and exploding the Bermuda Triangle (wht is the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle? that there isn't a Bermuda Triangle!!!). Now I can enjoy fiction that involves such ideas without once having to suppose it to be anything but fiction.

And behold, I can see a 'Chemtrail' forming as I write this!

3:05 AM, April 19, 2007  
Blogger thomas4881 said...

highland yeah on one of the zephreport shows I listened to the other day they had an entire show dedicated to chemtrails. I never even heard of that one.

2:07 PM, April 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home