<body>
Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Thursday, March 15, 2007

World Famous

So this morning before I started work, I checked my email, hit a couple of blogs I check regularly, then reviewed my site statistics. I had nearly 187 visitors over the course of the last 24 hours.

I usually have a few world visitors. You know, those folks outside the U.S. Generally, they are from Canada, eh,' or the U.K., Australia, and a few from other European countries like Sweden or Norway.

However, one visitor yesterday evening really stuck out to me. Who ever the person was, he or she was from Tehran, Iran - yep, that Tehran, Iran. He or she apparently was doing a Yahoo! search for pictures of women's thighs. Go figure. In a manner of speaking, the search terms are rather quaint, knowing the culture the person lives in. Its like who ever this is searching for pictures of women's ankles or elbows.

Any ways, the three search words of "picture," "girl" and "thigh" brought him to my site, specifically the debate review I wrote last year on the James White/ Shabir Ally debate at BIOLA. Who ever this individual is, he/she clicked around on my site for at least 11 minutes while scanning my articles on various Islamic subjects. (Which are few by the way in spite of recent complaints to the contrary).

All I can say is that I am stunned in an honored way that my site made it all the way across the other side of the planet to a person in Iran of all places. I am curious if this is a government official. The reason being is I figure Internet access is probably limited, if not out right banned, to the common man over there.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger ann_in_grace said...

Well, I definitely am not looking for female thighs on your blog :)
But I blog from Sweden. One of the Scum of the Earth - people.

Blessings

10:53 AM, March 15, 2007  
Blogger Svoblogger said...

Fred -
what do you use for your sight counter?
where can I find that?

thanks - I enjoy your blog

12:46 PM, March 15, 2007  
Blogger Highland Host said...

I will refrain from making a remark about certain clothing requirements.

12:53 PM, March 15, 2007  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

Svo,
The stats counter is at the very bottom of my page. I got mine from sitemeter.com

Fred

12:58 PM, March 15, 2007  
Blogger Gavin said...

According to Internet world Stats Iran has about 7,500,000 internet users or 10.6% of the population.

1:22 AM, March 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home