Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Science of Godzilla

Scott McClare may appreciate this article if he hasn't already seen it: The Science of Godzilla. A dinosaur expert explores the possibility of what it would be like if Godzilla was real. Read the comments following the article, as well.

Godzilla is probably my favorite monster ever. He is gigantic, can destroy buildings, has really cool spikes on his back, and breathes radioactive fire.

One time when I was a kid, an independent, local TV station, I think channel 11 out of St. Louis, had a week long Godzilla marathon at night. I believe they showed two movies a night starting at 7 pm and ending at 11pm. It was one of the rare times I begged my mother to let me stay up and watch them all the way to the end. I was allowed to stay up to 11 if I would get out of bed in the morning with out a fuss to get ready for school.

When King Kong apparently killed Godzilla at the end of Godzilla vs. King Kong, I was upset. How could a big monkey with no formidable weapons like rocket proof scales and radioactive fire beat Godzilla? It didn't make sense.

And in the environmental wacko Godzilla film, Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster, I thought it was so cool how Godzilla, a 300 foot tall animal, probably weighing 50,000 tons, could leap up into the air backwards, tuck his tail between his legs, and fly by propelling himself with his radioactive fire.

Those interested in all the Godzilla films ever made, and including some that never made it, will enjoy Jerry's Godzilla Movie Review.



Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home