<body>
Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Friday, February 02, 2007

Apologetic Preaching

I have been preparing for a Bible study I teach tonight on the book of First Samuel, so I have not had time to write up my next entry on apologetic evangelism. In the meantime let me exhort you to download a couple of MP3 messages delivered at the Gracelife Fellowship the last couple of Sunday mornings by Don Green. Don does a two part series on the subject of apologetics and evangelism that covers many of the same points I have been covering in my series. They are a couple of great messages to listen to over the weekend.

Confident Evangelism Part 1

Confident Evangelism Part 2

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Weaver said...

I'm teaching through 1 Samuel now too. Where are you at in the book and what resources do you recommend?

3:20 PM, February 02, 2007  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

Hey Jeremy,

This is actually our first night in the book, so I am doing an introduction this evening, and when we meet again, I will probably go through the first two chapters or so.

As for resources, I have been using:

Robert Bergen's commentary in the New American Commentary series on 1 and 2 Samuel. He covers some really good introductory material and deals with the text well.

John J. Davis's, The Birth of a Kingdom. It is brief, but has a lot of good stuff.

And a variety of seminary lecture material and unpublished notes.

I have also looked through Matthew Henry and will be using A.W. Pink's Life of David when I come to that portion of 1 Samuel.

Fred

5:04 PM, February 02, 2007  
Blogger Jeremy Weaver said...

O. K.
I've been using Bergen as well. It doesn't seem like there's a lot of resources that could be called 'excellent' on the book.
'The Birth of a Kingdom' looks like a good resource. Thanks.

6:42 AM, February 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home