<body>
Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Monday, January 29, 2007

The Jolly Yumburger

Down just a couple of blocks west of Grace Community Church, where my family attends, there is a strip mall on Woodman Ave. near Roscoe Blvd. of assorted Asian restaurants.

The newest one is Jollibee, the Philippines No. 1 fast food chain

According to one of the latest press releases found on the official website (see above), this is the burger joint that has done the near miraculous task of bringing together chicken and burger lovers:

Chicken and burger lovers now have more reasons to enjoy dining at Jollibee. From those who gave Filipinos their favorite crispylicious Chickenjoy and langhap-sarap burgers comes the new Crispy Chicken Burger, Jollibee’s latest addition to its ever-expanding sandwich menu.

I can hear Homer Simpson now, "Ummmm.... crispylicious"

I am not entirely sure what a langhap-sarap burger is, but I plan to find out soon. I hope it's not fishy.

I'm taking it that some how the Filipino people have genetically mutated a hamburger and a crispy chicken sandwich into one glorious, crispylicious eating experience.

The Jollibee sign tells us how good the food is at this place:











So, all you folks coming in for the Shepherd' Conference at Grace this year, make sure you go down a few blocks on Cantara St., right behind the church, to Woodman Ave., and pick yourself up a Crispy Chickenjoy Juicy Yumburger. I mean, you haven't lived until you do.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger deohsan said...

Really enjoy reading your posts. I'm from the Philippines and the term "langhap-sarap" is quite familiar. I guess a linguist would be able to give a better translation than I could, but the term is descriptive of their burgers - they smell so good (langhap), and they taste so good (sarap). It's good too that the two words rhyme. Enjoy them burgers.

4:41 PM, January 30, 2007  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

That really spurs my interest. I want to stop by even more now. Maybe that is the idea for the english phrase, "Yumburger."

Fred

5:57 AM, January 31, 2007  
Blogger deohsan said...

Yumburger. I first heard of it back more than twenty years ago, on a kid's program called "Uncle Bob's Lucky 7 Club." It sounded kind of cute. If I remember right, the original Yumburger was similar to a Big Mac. The Yumburger may or may not have had a slice of bread in between the two patties. I'm starting to feel old...

8:38 AM, January 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home