Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Al Mohler is a U.N. agent people are back.

Phil Johnson alerted me to a comment page from the Pulpit Live blog where some old gadflies were buzzing around. It was some folks from the same crew I debated earlier this year on Al Mohler's alleged affiliation with the U.N. I recognize "The Pilgrim" who hasn't stopped by here since I did my Tin-Foil Hat Theology series.

Phil pretty much put an end to their comments, but directed folks to me to get more information. I have two large posts dedicated to answering these guys, including the comments found under each post. I will link them for easy access to help those coming here for the first time via Phil's direction:

My Interview with a Crackpot

Mending Chipped Ceramics

The second one has more relevant information to the accusations made by these conspiracy theorists and is an expanded discussion with the "Bob" fellow from the first post.

See also my related Tin-Foil Hat series: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 that deals with theological conspiracy theories. Also, I had a special address to a fellow named "Surfer Boy" whom I am convinced is the same person as "the Pilgrim" commenting on the Pulpit Live blog.



Blogger thomas4881 said...

Isn't AL apart of the wiley calvinist conspiracy? I was hearing some people were claiming pastors were secretly trying to teach calvinism without calling it calvinism.

5:05 PM, December 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al holds powerful positions in two organizations that serve the UN agenda as NGO's. That's a fact. Anyone who denies this fact is a liar. Anyone who attempts to justify disregarding this fact in light of God's word (like Phil Johnson and the Grace elders) is a deceitful compromiser and has seared his/their conscience. CASE CLOSED!!

2:47 AM, December 20, 2006  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

It is an easy thing to slander Al by claiming all of these nefarious connection he has to the U.N. Two power positions? Really? Where is your proof of this? The last I saw he was some board consultant guy on a Southern Baptist morality think tank that happens to be a NGO.

In order for your claim to be substantiated you need to do three things in my mind:

First, you need to establish beyond a doubt, not speculative conspiracy theory mindset, that this SBC organization is "powerful" with in the U.N. What is its agenda and so forth? What is your documentation other than some listing on a website of Al Mohler on the board of this organization?

Next, you need to show us how the UN is even competent to begin with as a "powerful and evil" entity. Seeing that it fails miserably as a meaningful world organization, I find your charge of "powerful" unbelievable. All that the UN has been successful in accomplishing in this world is eradicating hookworms from 3rd world countries.

Prove why being a NGO is a wicked thing. Why is it unbiblical or non-Christian to be a part of a NGO? No conspiracy person has been able to explain this to me. This has to go beyond just the 1970s kook view of how the UN is going to usher in the anti-Christ.

Waiting your response


6:13 AM, December 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Fred,

This is new to me, that is AL Mohler being involved with the UN. But with this ecumenical tsunami washing away Truth and a stand for it without compromise, nothing surprises me anymore. We all know the UN is a smokescreen, every part of it is, even the UN peacekeeping troops have raped thousands of refuges from Darfur and Sudan and of course the infamous Oil for Food scanndal. From God's perspective of course, these men representing the nations of the world look like a bunch of worms and grasshoppers, lacking incredible intelligence.

I would truly appreciate it if you can provide some links to his affliation with the UN and the SBC's involvement if that is correct or why it is not. I should like to look at this with a fair and balanced approach.

Thank you,

Oh and as far as conspiracy theories, that is par for the course for living in this world and even in the church. I believe men in the limelight are big enough to handle conspiracy theories.

You know there is a conspiracy theory behind Lincoln's assassination that linked John Wilkes Booth to Lincoln's secretary of war, Edwin Stanton which then linked Stanton to the Rothschild Bank in England.....after all it was Lincoln that wanted to do away with the bank controlling the people's money.

3:49 PM, December 20, 2006  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

I agree with you Cindy and this is why I call for people like Charles to prove their assertions. I am still waiting.


4:14 PM, December 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


Thank you for speaking the truth. Unlike Fred and Phil Johnson, facts don't lie.

4:08 AM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

So pilgrim boy, what exactly are "those facts?" You have to be giving us something substantial, not ridiculous conjecture.

Still waiting for that "evidence" of Al Mohler's powerful UN connections.


5:36 AM, December 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


I've encountered this Al Mohler/UN meme on other blogs, and it just makes me grin in a "Slice of Laodicea" kind of way. But I have to note the irony of you trying to talk the commenters here down from their conspiracy theories given our discussion in your previous post.

Now who is trafficking in conpspiracy theories?


9:25 AM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger thomas4881 said...

Maybe there is a big illuminati conspiracy that has gone on thousands of years and makes men look soverign. I know when Jesus was found in the garden during the betrayal that men were given that soveignty for a night. Satan was given some soverignty to mess with Job's life. So maybe some of these conspiracy people are right to an extent. Problem is they don't realize that God's allowing satan to be the messenger boy and allowing men to have some power. I don't know though, just a thought.

3:02 PM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

You really believe how sinful men have created elaborate worldviews that allow them to interpret their world so as to excuse away their accountability to God is on the same level as ole Pilgrim here claiming U.N. bogey men influencing Al Mohler? Really?


4:45 PM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger thomas4881 said...

I don't think that. I was swerving off the topic playing around with a red herring. Just because I live in America with all it's ills dosen't mean I'm endorsing those ills. Same goes for Al Moler being in the U.N. I haven't read Al's theology so I don't know what type of man he is. If he's a man of God then only good could come out of Al being in the U.N. I'm sure if Al is living Biblically then he's going to rub a lot of people the wrong way in the U.N. too.

4:55 PM, December 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


No, I don't think they are at the same level. And I don't buy any of this Mohler/UN stuff either, at least in the sense that there's anything to be concerned about.

But (and I don't want to confuse your threads here), I think the conspiracy that you are entertaining regarding science is *way* more fantastic and far reaching than anything proposed here on this thread -- by several orders of magnitude. That's why I point it out. This is small-time conspiracy theorizing. You're playing in the big leagues, when it comes to science-as-global-hoax-over-centuries.

Just pointing it out, as a marker of how intractable conspiracy theory arguments are to deal with.

Carry on.


8:27 PM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

I will just say that you have a woefully naive view of how sin has impacted man's ability to make conclusions about his world, you give way too much credit to unbelievers to be faithful and unbiased to the so-called facts of "science," and you give an inordinate amount of spiritual authority to nature that it does not deserve nor did God intend it to have.


6:06 AM, December 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home