Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Preachers and Guns

OK, so those of you who ignore Phil's sidebar What I am Doing ignored a stellar You Tube clip. I thought I would post it for your convenience. If you saw it, its worth a second look.

My favorite moment: Arnold Murray of Shepherd's Chapel having his homemade tele-cast interrupted by someone off camera and responding by yelling, "Take this 9 MM to that boy!"

Nothing quite says "All American" and second amendment than a tele-evangelist.


Labels: ,


Blogger Daniel said...

yee-ahhhh- uppp, yup, yup.


2:54 PM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger Erem Gumas said...

The image of the twitching Santa stays with you, heh.

3:56 AM, October 05, 2006  
Blogger Bret Capranica said...

Being from the great nation of Texas - this guns and preacher's stuff made me nostalgic.

7:29 AM, October 05, 2006  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

Yes, Knowing that ole pastor Murray is from Gravit Arkansas, my heart is warmed too.


8:56 AM, October 05, 2006  
Blogger The Girl in Grey said...

Guns. And knives. I particularly like the thought of Pastor Murray keeping a 9mm in his briefcase.
Of course, I prefer unarmed combat.

1:54 AM, October 06, 2006  
Blogger Frank Martens said...

that was classic

11:55 AM, October 06, 2006  
Blogger Jonathan Moorhead said...

This makes Frank Norris look like Mickey Mouse.

12:47 PM, October 06, 2006  
Blogger Bo Salisbury said...

I'm thinkin' I'm linkin' Quality stuff.

6:48 PM, October 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home