<body>
Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Friday, September 22, 2006

Homeboy Shirts We Would Like to See

But realistically, it ain't gonna happen.

Inspired by the Turk's contest he is running over at the Team Pyro blog, I thought I would offer my suggestions for *fill in the blank* is my Homeboy T-shirts I would love to see, but realistically, it will never happen. (This ought to be worth a blogspot).


For Our Fun, Fundy Friends

King James is my homeboy










Frank Norris is my homeboy










John R. Rice is my homeboy










Billy Sunday is my homeboy










For The Roaring Pentecostals


Smith Wigglesworth is my homeboy










Charles Fox Parham is my homeboy











Aimee Semple McPherson is my homeboy, er, homegirl












For the "free thinking" Unitarian liberal



Faustus Socinius is my homeboy











Michael Servetus is my homeboy











Harry Emerson Fosdick is my homeboy

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Even So... said...

I am in stitches...

other possibilities...

Ken Copeland

Joel Osteen

Rick Warren

T.D. Jakes

11:59 AM, September 22, 2006  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

They would be good, but I tried to stay with Frank's suggestion of people who are dead.

Fred

12:07 PM, September 22, 2006  
Blogger Even So... said...

They are dead, if you know what I mean...

6:40 AM, September 23, 2006  
Blogger Hiraeth said...

I can't get Howell Harris/Daniel Rowland 'Homeboy' tee-shirts.

I won't suggest Lloyd-Jones. He so obviously would not have approved.

In tribute to my place of birth, the great city of Norwich, Unitarians could have a 'Dr. Taylor is my homeboy.'

'King James is my homeboy' is perhaps dubious, seeing that he had homsexual tendencies...

8:49 AM, September 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home