Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Friday, August 25, 2006

Some House Cleaning ...

I plan to work on my follow up to the first conspiracy post this weekend, so I should have it up by Monday if not sooner, D.V. (the "Lord Willing" for those of you Latin challenged).

In the meantime, the comments under the first entry are amusing and troubling at the same time. I appreciate all the folks contributing, even our tin-foil hat theologians. Your comments particularly provide a fascinating window into the human psyche. I likened conspiracy theorists and their musing to the attraction on the side of the road with the two-headed squirrel, and I believe the rest of you now see what I meant.

For those silent lurkers who are completely stupefied to discover someone who genuinely believes the Apollo program was hoaxed and no man ever went to the moon, please note that his information has been soundly refuted by others. Ransom has gone far beyond the call of duty to provide some meaningful responses. There are some additional Internet resources that offer further rebuttals. See the Bad Astronomy page, the University of Wisconsin, Green Bay, Keith Mayes' website, and Ian Goddard.

Then one final note. For those who may subscribe to my podcast off of Fred's Bible Talk, I apologize for the lack of recent downloads. One of the blessing I have where I work is the privilege of teaching and preaching at least twice a week to about 50-60 folks. I speak to two, entirely different groups of volunteers. That affords me the opportunity to teach through the same material twice so as to fine-tune it. I just finished my series on Evolution, ID and Creationism for my Tuesday crowd, which are available in MP3 for downloading, and I am in the middle of re-teaching the same material to my Thursday crowd. I was teaching on Islam to my Thursday crowd and I just introduced the series to my Tuesday crowd.

Basically, because the material is already on line as MP3s, that means I will not have any new messages for a while. I hope to pick up on the subject of addressing "Christian" homosexual apologetics this fall, and maybe move from hitting apologetic lectures to teaching directly from the Bible. I'll have to see.

Anyhow, I thought I would pass along that bit of information if there were any wondering what was up with the Bible talks. They're coming, so be patient.

Oh, by the way, for you moon hoax believers, please hold your comments about the subject until my next post. There really is no need to clutter the combox with off the wall comments just because I linked to some hoax debunkers.


Blogger surfer boy said...

You just stated the following:
"For those silent lurkers who are completely stupefied to discover someone who genuinely believes the Apollo program was hoaxed and no man ever went to the moon.."

For the record: though I do believe the Apollo program was hoaxed, I don't necessarily believe that "no man ever walked on the moon." This possibly could have been accomplished secretly in either a pre or post Apollo mission.

7:03 PM, August 25, 2006  
Blogger Hiraeth said...

Surfer, may I ask why, if someone had already been to the moon before Aollo, that wasn't recorded?

4:19 AM, August 28, 2006  
Blogger surfer boy said...

There are many things that the "powers that be" do that is kept secret. For instance, it does appear that flying saucer technology is real. What if man went to the moon utilizing a technology that they wanted kept secret? Or what if man already has some kind of colonies on the moon, but they don't want the public to know about it? Technologies and agendas exist that the public is unaware of and that's why I say that it is possible that a secret project other than Apollo went to the moon.

11:37 AM, August 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home