<body>
Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Final Flight

One of my volunteers who works for me happens to be an ex-Navy guy. He sent me a link to an on-line slide show covering the final flight of the F-14 Tomcat on this past July 28th.

The F-14 was the fighter jet showcased in the Tom "Thetan cleared" Cruise movie, Top Gun, and it is being let out of service and replaced fully with F-18 Hornets.

The F-14 was the first plastic airplane model I ever built and it, along with the SR-71 I had, was my favorite.

This may sound sappy, but I got a tad weepy watching the slide show. I'm such a geek for this sort of stuff.

The Last Carrier Flight of the F-14 Tomcat

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger C.H.H. said...

I always liked the Hornets better, anyways.

4:56 PM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger D.J. Cimino said...

I agree about the F-18, but the Tomcat was still a cool plane :)

Sad :(

9:18 AM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger Fred Butler said...

Liked the Hornets better!? Boo, hiss

The F-14 has the cool sweep back wings and the delta shape and could reach a max speed of Mach 2.

Liked the Hornet, sheesh

Fred

6:30 PM, September 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home