Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Friday, May 26, 2006

Top Fifty Conservative Songs

National Review Online has listed what they think are the top fifty conservative rock and roll songs of all time. I was particularly pleased that Rush, my favorite rock band, received two plugs: For one of the greatest rock songs ever, The Trees, and their classic Red Barchetta.

I'm curious how many of these bands will be bugged their work is identified as "conservative." I have noticed that when a movie or band is well received by conservative, right wingers, the film makers and artists attempt to come out with a clarification unless they become taboo among their leftist buddies. A good example I can think of off the top of my head was the movie Forrest Gump. When conservatives praised the movie for promoting conservative values like friendship, faithfulness, honor of country, and so forth, and showed the evils of 60s hippy radicalism, Tom Hanks immediately went into spin control to explain away the obvious conservative themes, like he was ashamed he even remotely came across as conservative.

The article links to I Tune downloads, so you can I pod them if you wish.


Blogger Jim said...

No wonder I enjoy your blog. You are a Rush fan!

8:31 PM, May 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home