<body>
Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Thursday, February 09, 2006

This is so, like, last fall

Some time early last December, my friend Gregg Hanke tagged me with what is called the seven sevens meme. I originally read it over at Frank Turk's site a month or more before that and threatened to steal his idea, but other issues occupied my time and restrained my theivery. As I catch up with work and get back on track with my two blogging series, I thought it would be a fine filler post.

Just as a note: Let us be reminded as to what the word "meme" actually means.

1. Seven things to do before I die

- Travel to Italy with my wife
- Travel to Hawaii with my wife
- Visit the British Museum
- Visit the Smithsonian
- Return to Carmel California for a second honeymoon

- Fly around the world on an SR-71 at Mach 3 at 90,000 ft.
- Take a dive to the Titanic wreckage
(I realize these last two are pure fantasy, but hey, the question is asking me what I would love to do it before I die)


2. Seven things I cannot do

- Play golf (hard to imagine for a pastor wanna be)
- Hold my breath for a sustained length of time
- Multiply and divide fractions (embarrassingly true)
- Appreciate Rap

- Enjoy singing sappy praise music
- Suffer slow, pokey drivers in the fast lane/car pool lane

- Understand why black folks won't free themselves from the shackles of the Democrat party


3. Seven things that attract me to [my spouse or significant other or best friend]

- Cute smile
- Deep blue eyes
- Blunt honesty
- Strong Calvinist
- Theological intellect
- Passionate fervor for biblical truth
- Appreciates my humor


4. Seven things I say most often
- What did daddy say?
- What did mama say?
- Why is your brother crying?
- Give it to daddy
- Get down
- Ooo...look, it has chocolate chips
- Why did you put in raisins?


5. Seven books (or series) I love

- New Systematic Theology (Robert Reymond)
- No Place for Sovereignty: What is wrong with freewill theism (R.K. McGregor-Wright)
- D-Day, the 6th of June (Stephen Ambrose)
- Refuting Evolution 1 and 2 (Jonathan Sarfati)
- The Doctrine of God (John Frame)
- The Hobbit (JRR Tolkien)
- The Birth of the Modern (Paul Johnson)

6. Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would if I had the time)

- Jaws (The Indianapolis speech is phenomenal)
- The Extended Edition of the Lord of the Rings trilogy (The extra features are worth the price)
- Gladiator
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Back to the Future
- Toy Story 2
- What about Bob?


7. Seven people I want to join in, too

Frank Turk (I want him to teach me to build a sweet looking blog)
Kerry Gilliard (He was the first person to link me on his blog)
LaShawn Barber (I met her briefly and she struck me as a classy lady I would love to chat with)
The boys of Fide-O (Any person who hunts wild pigs has got to have something interesting to say)
Scott Clare (He shares my sense of humor)
Daniel [don't know the last name] (Because I don't know any shaved headed Calvinists from Canada)

Peter Nelson (Because he left the very first comment on my blog)

2 Comments:

Blogger Impacted Wisdom Truth said...

Great lists, Freddy. Thanks for playing.

3:25 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger Peter D. Nelson said...

Well Fred all I can say is that thanks for grouping me with such an elite list.

9:16 PM, February 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home