<body>
Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas time is Here

Christmas 2005 is already upon us. The older I get, the more amazed I become at how time flies by. I imagine a lot of my chronological awareness is due in part to coming to terms with my mortality as I age.

At any rate, my work closes down for the week between Christmas and New Years, so I hope to have some extra time to spend with family and other loved ones. I have many fun blogs I am looking forward to posting. I certainly will return to my series Examining KJV onlyism, picking up with the second installment considering the textual argument. I also hope to look at the 20 Reasons to Abandon Christianity. That will be a lot of fun.

Pulling together a quick blog roundup:

The Turk began his surgical autopsy on the "logic" (take note of the quotes) of the Undo Jesus purpose statement. I also appreciated his King Kong review from the other day. I loved the movie, but it didn't have the burning passion and soul I think Jackson was shooting for. Maybe if he moved the location to a doomed ocean liner, had Ann Darrow engaged to some rich jerk, and Kong was an irresponsible, free spirit who showed Ann there was much more to life than being rich and responsible and Kong drew a picture of her in the buff - but oh well. The dinosaurs were awesome anyways.

I received another shout out from Tim Challies website. I truly appreciate it. I feel like I am an unofficial King of the Week. That prospect, of course, only serves to alarm me, because people may drift over to my site hoping to find some cutting edge blogging, yet have those expectations dashed to piece on the rocks of above average.

One truly has to pity both John Shelby Spong and Shabir Ally as to the whuppin' that will be put to both of them in the upcoming year.

I do hope to post some things during my week off, but until then and in order to prepare for the Christmas weekend, why not take a look at Captn' Wacky's Gallery of Unfortunate Christmas Cards.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

Merry Christmas, Fred!

May God bless you and yours!

12:37 PM, December 24, 2005  
Blogger Jonathan Moorhead said...

I look forward to you posts on " 20 Reasons to Abandon Christianity."

Merry Christmas from Dallas.

6:27 PM, December 24, 2005  
Blogger Gavin said...

Hi and Merry Christmas.

I am also look forward to your posts on " 20 Reasons to Abandon Christianity.".

My question is - Why do these websites attack Christianity only. Why don't we see "20 Reasons to Abandon Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism etc..."?

2:36 AM, December 25, 2005  
Blogger Tito Maury said...

Hello Fred Butler, thanks for sharing this info. I've been looking everywhere to find info about king kong gallery to share with my readers at http://thenameiskong.blogspot.com. Your post this post is great.

12:43 PM, December 27, 2005  
Blogger AuthenticTruth said...

Fred, I like your blog and I am looking forward to your continuing comments on KJV Onlyism. Unfortunately I was once caught up in that nonsense myself. It is certainly something that needs to be exposed and refuted.

6:49 PM, December 27, 2005  
Blogger Daniel said...

I read the 20 reasons, and I have to admit, I was shaken. (a' shaken' with deep belly laughs that is...)

Sadly, before Christ opened my eyes, I would have been on the street corner myself promoting that sort of garbage - I hated God "that" much.

9:28 AM, December 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home