Hip and Thigh: Smiting Theological Philistines with a Great Slaughter. Judges 15:8

Friday, November 04, 2005

A Little Humor for a Thursday Evening

Last evening we had just sat down for dinner when the phone rings. My wife answers and it was a telle-marketer. This is the conversation that ensued:

Wife: Hello

TM: Hi ... fer a ... eal on a free Nokia ... ell pho ... We ... Cingular Wi ... ess?

Wife: I'm sorry, I didn't catch that?

TM: No ... ell phone ... when you sign up with Cing ... ess.

Wife: What is your name?

TM: ....

Wife: What is your name!?

TM: ... gular Wireless?

Wife: No. What is your name!?

TM: ... berly

Wife: Who?

TM: Kim ...

Wife: Kim?

TM: Yes, Kimberly

Wife: Are you on one of those cell phones now?

TM: ... es.

Wife: Excuse me.

TM: Yes.

Wife: Could you please remove our number from this list?

TM ... emove your ... num ... ?

Wife: Yes. Please remove our number. Thank you and good bye.


Blogger Mike Perrigoue said...

Ah yes...telemarketers...

My favorite is when they ask for you (or anybody else) you just say, "Yeah, I'll go get them."

Then put the phone down and then go about your business until the "if you'd like to make a call" message starts up...

Fun...makes for giggles. Although, I can't get my wife to do it. She's too nice. So nice in fact she spent almost 5 minutes with some particularly persistent guy the other day.

Last night I got a call from someone collecting donations for MS. A worthy cause worth fighting. However, we don't have the funds right now. So I told the guy I'd be praying for their organization. It just kinda' came out. Boy, he sounded put off by that. It wasn't my intention...just the bye-product of living my life with a Christian worldview.

When all else fails...PRAY! I didn't mean to upset him...next time I'll just pretend like I'm getting "Mr. Perrigoue".

5:44 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger BlackCalvinist said...

blogwatching post.
copying URL.
expect more traffic.
still laughing.

9:56 AM, November 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home